Haan FS20 Steam Mop Review
Got a baby crawling around on the floor putting everything in their mouth? I’m right with ya. Yuck! Even my two year old still puts his hands on the floor and then proceeds to stick his hands in his mouth. I know I can’t keep my kids germ free…I don’t even want to, but when I think of possible Salmonella poisoning from the chicken juice dried on my kitchen floor….well, you get the picture.
In addition to hardwoods, and carpet, I have tile floors that get really nasty with everything from food droppings, pet paw grime, and who knows what else. As I transfer raw meat from the cutting board to the skillet, I feel good knowing that my handy dandy Haan Fs20 steam mop will effectively kill any bacteria that may end up of the floor for my little ones to crawl around on. I started doing research on non toxic floor cleaning, and ended up seeing the Haan steam mop on QVC. I’m not one to order something off TV, but the Internet…you betcha! Before I whipped out my credit card, I did some comparison shopping. In the end, I felt like Haan had the best mop. I opted for the extra attachments that allow for fabric cleaning as well. Explanation below.
- Uses plain water. No chemicals or cleaners to buy. Fill the tank up with the measuring cup (included), and wait 3-5 minutes for the color signal indicator to change from black to orange.
- Fifteen steam jets to allow for maximum cleaning in less time.
- No noise…you can clean while baby naps!
- Heats to 212 degrees, killing germs, bacteria and dust mites- Yeah!
- Lightweight – it only weighs 4 lbs even when full of water
- Handle is adjustable to different heights allowing use on counter tops.
- Comes with two micro fiber cleaning pads that adhere to the mop head, and are machine washable for up to 100 washes before needing to be replaced. They can also be washed in the sink by hand using a mild detergent.
- Inexpensive. $89 for mop plus two micro fiber pads, and measuring cup. For just $10 more you also get the carpet sanitizing tray, plus storage pad…not bad!
- The replacement pads are pretty inexpensive; 2 for ~$25. But remember, you can use the first two that come with the mop for a long time before needing new ones
- Can be used on many surfaces: sealed hardwoods, tile, linoleum, carpet, mattresses, pillows.
- Floors dry quickly. Not immediately like it claims, but I found that putting exactly one cup of water in the storage tank as instructed, the mop does steam and dry pretty quick.
- One cup of water give you 20 minutes of cleaning before needing to be refilled.
- Easy storage; fits in small closet.
- Cord isn’t super long, but honestly it’s not a big deal.
- When trying to sanitize couch cushions or pillows, leaves water due to uneven surface.
Carpet attachment tray catches a lot of debris, so be sure to vaccum well before using it, and clean the tray afterward.
Don’t walk away from the mop while it’s heating up. You may forget about it and damage your floors. The heat is boiling temp (212 degrees), and will burn hardwoods and linoleum.
Store your mop on the pad that comes with the carpet attachment tray to ensure safety.
Where to buy:
- In stores- Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond
- Online – allergybuyersclub, govacuum, amazon, ebay
I really love this mop. I’ve had it for over a year, and still haven’t had to buy replacement pads. I especially like the fact that I can kill germs on the kitchen floor where so many germs thrive, as well as the bathroom floors since I have a toddler that doesn’t always have a good aim at the potty!
|View all items...||(Powered by: WPeBayAds)|